Thursday, September 4, 2008

Juicing in JP

My new neighborhood, Jamaica Plain, is fantastic.  It's lush and green and all I hear at night are crickets. I'm blocks from a good sized lake and from a mini-Uptown, bursting with commerce and all the things I would ever need: bakeries, local ice cream, organic food co-ops (2 of them), hardware, post office, banks, Thai and seafood, sushi, antiques, and a kitchen appliance store.  It only gets better, because my housemates are great too and one of them has a JUICER!  So tonight I went to the co-op and bought beets, apples, carrots, ginger, and lemons for a juice Sara taught me to make.  



The juicing beast-of-a-machine makes me giddy with how it poops out most of the insoluble fiber, separating it from the juice.  I really love the vibrant colored poops and eat a few every time just because.This veggie mixture, including all the beet greens and lots of ginger, made almost 2 pints and really packs a punch.  It could be a whole meal (like my place setting?), but I couldn't even finish a full wine glass and saved the rest for tomorrow.  Eat your colors.



No comments:

Post a Comment