Friday, September 4, 2009

Dirty little secret

I have to share a secret with our MN readers - I've been here, in Minnesota, since tuesday! I feel awful that I haven't had time to even meet up with people for lunch because the trip is strictly work related (well, until my parents take me to the north woods tonight). I arrived here tuesday and have been working at my Ph.D. advisor's house in Minnetonka since then. I haven't even left the house for over two days! I'm not being held hostage, just fully immersed in science, and enjoying working on another grant proposal. This time the money is for Judy's lab, but it will indirectly benefit my career by getting some of my older data published and set up further collaborations. This collaborative-style writing is great for the both of us and I feel like I'm really appreciated! I'm energized about research every time I talk with her - so working with her again is such a pleasure. And I finally picked up my hard-cover thesis that I had printed in 2007, but never picked up from the library! I'll be back in these parts in 2 weeks, at which time Z and I will meet up with all of you for "lunch" several times;)

No comments:

Post a Comment