Mmmm...Egg McMuffin...Oh wait, I mean gimme lean tofu sausage with scrambled organic handpicked farm eggs on homemade (50% wheat) biscuits. This breakfast topped all meals thus far in 2010. And to make the meal complete we drank coffee out of our Matt's juicy lucy mug.
Steamed artichokes dipped in Z's special sauce: dijon mustard, mayonnaise, and a touch of honey. I'd never eaten a whole artichoke before this spring, while Z's family, influenced by her California-raised dad, eats them often. We love that its a hands-on dinner activity more than anything, perfect for a dinner party, so I also introduced these beasts to my mom and auntie while they were here...And while watching "Julie and Julia" during their visit we got a kick out of the fact that 2 of the featured meals that Julie makes (in her pursuit of all 524 Julia Child recipes in one year) included artichokes and poached eggs - both meals we made for them!
No comments:
Post a Comment