Ok, neither of these last two are ways to stay cool, in fact every time I can something I'm dripping with sweat by the end, but you get the idea. It's just that I get so excited about canning recipes that I really think I'm channeling my grandmother's energy, and rightfully so, since I use some of her canning equipment in the process.
It is science after all, so no wonder I'm enjoying my new encyclopedia, "Stocking Up III" for better ways of preserving fruits without adding tons of sugar and for pickling recipes other than dilly beans....oh, there will be dilly beans, this weekend I hope, it's just time to expand the repertoire. Besides (Chris!), we still have one quart left from the 2008 dilly batch that traveled all the way from mpls to boston!! We better eat these and make room for more:)
Besides the heat, and what better way to unwind from a 17-hour experiment (yes, my workday yesterday was loooong) than to think about the weekend ahead and what fruits and veggies are bountiful at the farm?
No comments:
Post a Comment