We just barely made it back Beantown last Friday, we've never been so happy to have a 6am flight! The snow started as our plane landed and didn't stop for another 20 hours or so. It was a perfect, powdery snow, more than I've probably ever experienced from just one storm (24.9 inches). Of course we got out in it as soon as we could - first for a snowshoe in the Arboretum and later a xx-ski at a different urban park. There was a driving ban, so the streets were full of PEOPLE walking, pulling sleds, biking (trying to bike), skiing, laughing and my gosh, talking! I've never met so many friendly people in Boston; everyone said hello or some other pleasantry. It felt like a parade, or surely a celebration! And then I thought,
this is what our streets could be like if there were no cars. It was calm and peaceful, and the streets felt so much bigger, spacious. It really felt like a completely new city.
No comments:
Post a Comment