Best not look here if you're in Minnesota...or maybe this is a nice escape?
Through all of the chaos of last week, the many ups and downs, we realized on Sunday evening that we were more exhausted than at the start of the weekend. I think it all finally caught up with us. How do you deal with fear, anxiety, and pain when you weren't directly affected, or when the majority of all people you encounter in your community were similarly indirectly affected? We had a helpful conversation with our soup night friends on Sunday that clarified for me that I wasn't alone, that most people want to process the confusion and fear by just talking about it. Plus, instead of doing my own thinking, I listened obsessively, to NPR on Friday during the lockdown, at least 15 hours straight! I couldn't stop listening as it was our only source of the outside world, and they (and I think every news source) gave us the impression that at any second the hunt would be over, so we kept listening. Our doorbell rang around 3pm when we were told to stay locked in our houses. Z confidently went to the door and brought back the most bizarre surprise of the day - an ice cream maker from her mom, shipped by UPS!
THIS is what has pulled us all through this week:
No comments:
Post a Comment