Thursday, September 4, 2008

Organic IPA

We tend to brew beer with parties or celebrations in mind, which is why we planned our last batch to be ready late July, just in time for my going away party.  I got a kit from my brother for a perfect summer beer - an organic India Pale Ale.  I've never brewed during the summer and the heat this time of year made our brewing experience interesting - the yeast were so active that their CO2 release bubbled hops right up to the airlock (see the closeup below) and turned the sterile water a brownish tint .  Have no worries it's still drinkable, in fact it's one of my new favorites.  We drank it on hot days while packing, cleaning, and moving my stuff to Boston.  What we didn't consume we gave away as gifts...little did I know that the smaller bottles are almost tongue splitting they're so hoppy!  Zannah and I love the bottling process, just look at how much one batch can make!



No comments:

Post a Comment