Saturday, March 28, 2009

Northampton Sugar Shack


So last weekend we went to Northampton to visit some old friends of mine from Warren Wilson College days.
Amber and Lev were fabulous hosts and showed us the best time. The best time being hitting up a sugar shack just outside of town. We got to experience the whole sugaring process. From tapping the trees to boiling it down to that sweet sweet nectar maple syrup. Leo, the sugar wrangler walked us through the whole process, he was awesome. We then got to stuff our faces with any and all vehicles for maple syrup. Lev also discovered that they had a warming tray for the syrup on the wood stove. It's hard to believe but that made things even better. It was nice to get out of the city and experience some classic New England. I've spent sometime in Western Mass over the years and I have grown quite fond of it. We also got to visit with my friend Pandora whom I worked with at Outward Bound. I am really excited to connect with old friends and to continue to create and build our community here.  ~Z

No comments:

Post a Comment