

We had a jam-packed weekend with my mom and two brothers! We surprised my mom on her 60th birthday with a flight to Boston and a weekend with her adult children - funny though how we never act like adults when we're together! I tried: I had the most anal itinerary typed out before they got here, my roommate even commented that she'd "heard of people" that did that sort of thing...But when you have 5 people to plan meals for, plan transportation for, and explore a city I hardly know in 4 days, we were quite happy we had a list of "sightseeing goals" to follow! We saw two famous art museums I hadn't been to yet, walked the Freedom trail, and toured Fenway park, Cheers, Cambridge, Downtown, Southy, my neighborhood, and the waterfront - all by public transportation. We went out for a fancy seafood dinner their first night and I stared with amazement as my entire family slurped and sucked down a whole dozen oysters, and enjoyed them! Poor Z hadn't been here much more than a week before my family arrived! We DID celebrate her 29th Bday at the (in)famous St. Patrick's day parade and later with her famous, decadent, two layer chocolate Bday cake! The beers didn't stop all day and let's just say I don't remember feeling worse at 3 in the afternoon. Luckily, we can celebrate the bday all month, right?!
No comments:
Post a Comment