Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mayday 2009: Our common treasury

The Mayday parade in Minneapolis, inspired and organized by the In the Heart of the Beast puppet and mask Theater (HOBT), continues to amaze me every year.  I've been helping with the parade since 2002 and instantly found it as a life-giving, community-altering, spiritual event in which I've surrounded myself with friends, neighbors and family members.  It's notoriously a wide open blast of fresh air after a long winter with windows and doors sealed shut.  This year for me it was the same freshness after a long winter away from so many loved ones.  I am so grateful to all the spirited faces I recognized among the parade volunteers/artists and to all of the friends that I got to chat with or who ran up to me with surprise greetings.  My favorite part of the day was sitting front row for the parade, across three blankets, with an entire mob of loved ones.  

Our common treasury is the soil we have to sprout and grow a sustainable future, thank you dung beetles for showing us how to recycle and make life out of crap!



1 comment:

  1. AnonymousMay 10, 2009

    grrreat pics and video! thanks for sharing. they make me smile really wide, just remembering it all. : ) kml

    ReplyDelete