Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Miss Ella is here!




Actually she and her parents have been here in the NE for over a week and they're leaving tomorrow:(  They have explored more of Boston than I have and had a great long weekend on an island off the coast of Maine. Yesterday we went on a Duck Boat tour of Boston! It was by far the funniest and most gratifying tour of Boston because we toured by land AND by sea!   Then we went to the new england aquarium and marveled at the jellyfish, penguins, and 5 foot eels!  Seeing this city through the eyes and perspective of a child is really refreshing; I got to do things with her here that I probably wouldn't have done otherwise! She has grown up so much in the last year, has a great sense of humor and loves to make people laugh with her.  Our homeowner overheard Ella tell a story over breakfast and she commented, "that is a very difficult concept to grasp, I don't think some of my college students could say that as well as you, or with all of the right verb tenses either!"  She's already reading and doing math games on her dad's iTouch! I think she's really going to like school this fall.  Oh why is summer passing so fast?  I need so much more time to play than I'm currently allowed.  Dear Ella, please come back again soon OK?

No comments:

Post a Comment