Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Where did all the snow go?































It is going to hit 50 today in Boston, but I am not as excited as everyone else...the solid day of rain yesterday also melted all of our snow and now it looks like April outside! Don't get me wrong, this is much easier on my daily bike commute, but we are winter sports fans here! Infact, we just got a group of my favorite co-workers ("labmates") to enjoy an afternoon of ice skating in our neighborhood. For many it was their first time ever on skates (and I am holding a couple of them up in the photos!). The rink is owned by the department of conservation and sits literally above the train tracks, and the best part is that it only costs $2 for everything. Not sure how this little treasure of a rink previously escaped my awareness, but I will certainly be going back....well, I will once the ice freezes again!

Here are some pics from the day of skating, as well as the 1.5 hour adventure hike Z and I took to the food co-op during the first weekend of January! We really should consider Alaska for our next move;>)

1 comment: