
I am very happy, and equally surprised, to be posting yet another lab outing back to back with the ice skating one. This Thursday a group of the hardest working post-docs and one grad student from our lab escaped to the mountains for our first downhill ski of the year. We took advantage of the week's calendar: our boss was out of town! I haven't downhill skied for years, yet I was easily persuaded to ski to the level of my colleagues: two black diamonds! These unassuming lab-mates of mine have so many hidden talents, skiing and snowboarding black diamonds being just one of them. Taru was a ski instructor in Japan, Susana bought skis after just her first downhill ski here in MA 4 years ago, and Sheng Yi was the hippest of us all carving out the hills on her snowboard and sporting the biggest smile I've ever seen from her. THIS is why we plan field trips like this, to relax and enjoy getting to know each other in a breathtaking environment; we had lots of time to chat during the long road trip and on the ski lifts up the side of the mountain. I can't wait for more adventures with these folks.
No comments:
Post a Comment