Thursday, May 5, 2011

band gigs





The Homestead Family Band performed at a vintage clothing store in our neighborhood for an event called First Thursdays, in which local businesses stay open until 9pm and patrons can enjoy a social, open-house atmosphere. We were energized by the crowds that packed the store and we played at full dance-paced speed for over two hours. Our mission for the spring/summer is to bring more spontaneous live music to the neighborhood and play outside regularly. The installation behind me in these photos is all felt flowers!

2 comments:

  1. I forgot to ask you about this! So fun. Is this one of the stores we went in when I was there? Hey I'm at the Peace Coffee Shop (!?) in my neighborhood. We'll have to come here when you're in town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kate, this wasn't one I took you to, this place is even nicer and has such nice ($$) stuff. And OMG I SAW your dress today walking down the street, the one you picked out at urban outfitters, and it looked so cute on the lady wearing it - I hope you bought it! So when you come back, we'll go here, and when I'm in mpls I'll go to the Peace Coffee shop!

    ReplyDelete