Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Tourists have the most fun!


Boston in bloom!

We loved the John Adams series on HBO and now we can name all of these men;)
Faneuil Hall
Holy Cannoli...


Where the Charles River meets the ocean


My aunt and cousin came to town for a few days.  They found a great, inexpensive place to stay through AirBNB, and we joined them on the weekend as they crossed off all the sights that they wanted to see.  The thing is, we never would have gone to these places if it weren't for them, and even though it's going on 4 years here, there is still a lot to this city I don't appreciate or do often enough.  On Saturday, we walked through our neighborhood and the wake up the earth festival (kind of like Mayday, kind of) and then trekked to Cambridge for a tour of Harvard, a pub crawl, and stroll along the Charles.  Sunday we walked the Freedom Trail, ate Clam chowder, drank beer near the performers at Faneuil Hall, and savored cannoli next to Paul Revere's statue and the Old North Church.  (Sounding familiar mom?)  Monday they did a whale watching tour (and saw lots of them), and met up with me near the waterfront for an awesome, hour-long, Harpoon beer tasting (something I'd never done).  I think I'll head back to the North End this weekend for some more cannoli...Thanks for visiting!!




No comments:

Post a Comment