I do have an announcement. I have finally found yoga. Sure, it's been posing there next to me, in my face, for years, but I never got it. If I tried it, maybe I didn't like that one class or teacher, or because I like endurance and competition, it seemed a little too boring for my taste. You friends have patiently showed me poses that might help a stiff leg/hip and told me about your weekly classes that you religiously attend, and I continued to bah-humbug the practice. It just wasn't my time yet.
Then, I hurt myself at my favorite "boot camp" class at my gym and was out for a couple weeks. No frisbee, no gym, biking to work even hurt. Maybe more serendipitous is that a huge new yoga and meditation studio opened up just 2 blocks from my house and they were offering a 2-week trial rate with unlimited classes. These classes are not cheap, so I got my moneys worth by doing yoga every single day for 2 weeks. I started on Thanksgiving day, with a beautiful heart (and stomach)-opener class, that put me in a (first time ever?) grounded mood for the holiday. In my two weeks, I got calluses on the heal of my palms from doing so many downward dogs, I got to try hot yoga, and was able to see the differences in teaching styles and practices. I love it.
| To the little guy that does a downward dog every time he wakes up! |
Yay!!
ReplyDeletei love the image of a connection of people absorbing shockwaves of pain. thanks for that!
ReplyDelete