I am still SO amazed at how independent Steph was during her short visit here - she came with a double-sided, tiny-type-font list of ALL the places and things that she wanted to see and do, and she came prepared with several maps, including a Boston Bike Route map (which is kind of a joke because while some bike lanes do exist, you're lucky if they connect in anyway that gets you where you need to go)! This didn't stop her - she saw parts of the city I have yet to explore and because she wasn't walking all day she got to experience much more of the city without dragging - the waterfront, the Charles, Boston College, the Commons, etc. We ate at an Ethiopian restaurant that came recommended from her friends in MN, because the ingera that serves as the main vehicle for spicy vegetable and legume toppings, is wheat free! I loved that we all got to eat with our hands and off one huge communal plate. The photos above are from our rainy day touring Harvard - it's these moments with friends that I'm reminded how unique this city is; it really looks nothing like other American cities and everyday buildings are so photographable!
No comments:
Post a Comment