Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter weekend

Spring is upon us, within us, all around us. In just stepping out our door we are enveloped in a divine fragrance that I still cannot pinpoint. The only flowering trees are about a half a block away, but it must be them! We took multiple walks this calm and reflective weekend and at every turn I wanted to take another photo. Saturday, Banjo and I went to the arboretum in the rain, sloshing along the creek, and gazing at pink petals floating on water. After Sunday's Easter brunch with friends Karen, Sarah, and Emily (and Banjo's friend Pushkin) we again visited the arboretum and strolled along all of our favorite paths. I swear I could see differences in the trees and flowers between the two days, which is thrilling for me, because usually spring happens too fast or I don't witness the transitions acutely enough. We hung up the hammock and convinced Banjo that it's fun and safe, and Z made our traditional hot cross buns (or sun, moon, and star buns) while I hid presents for her and B. The ridiculous highlight of the weekend was surely the jelly bean hunt we had indoors after the brunch, we had serious competition, and I threw a few elbows for the mocha flavored jelly bellies;)












1 comment:

  1. Lovely pictures! Aren't you too cute in your polka dot skirt :)

    ReplyDelete