Thursday, July 4, 2013

Fenway!

I got to kick off the holiday last night with some new friends at the Red Sox game.  We had great seats, thanks to Jesse, one of my frisbee teammates - right behind home plate.  And what a perfect game!  Baseball can be so boring, but last night I was pleasantly surprised.  We started with beer and nachos outside the stadium, under the Fenway Park sign, and then found our awesome seats after the 1st inning. Before I knew it (well, one brat, one ice tea, one ice cream later) the game was tied at the bottom of the 9th and the pinch hitter Jonny Gomes cracked a home run - decisively winning the game without needing to finish the inning (called a walk-off win, I just learned).  The crowd and his teammates were all hugs in celebration; and now I have two new friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment